How can I link my card to my SpectroCoin account?
Buying bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with a debit or credit card can be very convenient, as your SpectroCoin blockchain wallet is loaded within a few minutes of your deposit so that you can buy bitcoin instantly.
- If you don't have a SpectroCoin account yet, click on "Sign up" and you will be able to create a new account by filling in the registration form.
- After completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Please note: if you do not receive the email confirmation right after the registration, please check your Spam/Junk box or try to register once again, with an alternative email address.
Please note that, in order to link your debit or credit card to your SpectroCoin account, your SpectroCoin profile has to be verified. Verification is required for fiat operations.
- To link your bank card to your SpectroCoin account, go to the "Add card" section under the "Linked cards" menu.
- In the "Link bank card" section, enter your bank card details and press the "Link" button.
- Go back to the "Linked cards" section at SpectroCoin, then click on "Verify" option.
- In order to link your card to SpectroCoin account, you will have to upload your documents under specified subsections in the "Verify Card" page: a valid passport or ID card, a utility bill, and a picture of the card you want to link - in the picture, the first twelve numbers, and the CVV code must be hidden.
- After all the verification statuses have been confirmed, you will be charged a small amount between 1.00–6.00 EUR so that we could verify your card's validity. Part of the deducted amount will be refunded to your account and a 1.5 EUR fee will be charged for the service.
- Check in your bank statement the amount that has been charged/reserved from the card that you are linking to your SpectroCoin account.
- Go back to the "Linked cards" section at SpectroCoin, and click on the "Verify now" option.
- In the given window, enter the exact amount charged and press "Verify". Please note that, if the card is denominated in your local currency (GBP, USD, and etc.), the amount deducted from your card must be converted to EUR.
That is it – you are all set to buy bitcoin instantly with your linked card. After linking your bank card to your SpectroCoin account, there is no need to enter your card credentials multiple times, as it will be automatically included among the payment methods available for you.
At SpectroCoin, you are allowed to add 20 credit or debit cards per year, but no more than 10 per week. Also, please note that you are able to make 2 deposits in 24 hours.
For a quick tutorial on how to buy bitcoin with the card linked to your SpectroCoin account, please check our video:
Why did you get an error message when trying to link your card?
If you have tried to link your credit or debit card to your SpectroCoin account but received an error message, this could have been caused by a number of reasons:
- Your card company did not accept the authorization sent by SpectroCoin when you attempted to add the card. Contact your card company to find out why they are rejecting the authorization and after the issue is resolved, try adding your card again.
- You linked a card to your SpectroCoin account but entered an incorrect card number, validation date or security code (CSC).
- You failed to input the correct number or used a wrong punctuation mark while entering the exact amount you have been charged during the process. Make sure that you use a period/full stop (.) between the numbers, not a comma (,).
- The amount you have inserted was not converted to EUR. Please check your card statement and enter the charged/reserved amount in EUR (€).
- Your card does not support the 3D secure feature, which is an added protection against unauthorized use of your card when you make payments online.
- You have not passed the card verification. In this case, you may be asked to provide additional documents. After the issue is resolved, try adding your card again.
Could not find what you were looking for?
Get in touch with us via [email protected] or through our Live chat. Our team of live support agents will be glad to help you.