How to comply with KYC?
SpectroCoin must comply with AML and KYC requirements while also fighting fraud and financial crimes. Thus, our customers will be asked to undergo SpectroCoin’s KYC procedure and complete the identity verification process.
Know Your Customer (KYC) plays an important part in the company's Anti Money Laundering (AML) processes. To meet the requirements of the AMLD5, SpectroCoin has implemented a KYC compliance framework. SpectroCoin aims to verify users identity to build mutual trust between the brand and the user and ensure the safety of the digital assets. Follow the steps below to complete the identity verification process.
- If you don't have a SpectroCoin account yet, click on "Sign up" and create a new account by filling in the registration form.
- After completing the registration, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive the email confirmation right after the registration, please check your Spam/Junk Box or try to register once again with an alternative email address.
- Once your email is confirmed, log in to your SpectroCoin account and select “Start verification process".
- After following the instructions on how to set up your chosen device to complete the first part of the verification process, click on the "Continue" button.
- Get familiar with the information about how your biometric data will be processed by SpectroCoin and confirm that you understand and accept it.
- Press the "Next" button and fill in the customers' questionnaire.
- Double-check your spelling, the information you submitted and press the "Next" button.
- Follow the instructions to take photos of your identity document and your selfie.
- Press the "Confirm" button and wait until the KYC process completion page is opened.
- After clicking on the "Done" button, you will receive an email informing you that your application has been successfully submitted. Furthermore, you can track the verification process on your SpectroCoin account.
You can also check our video tutorial on how to verify your account at SpectroCoin:
How long does it take to approve my KYC application?
We are excited that you have decided to join SpectroCoin and we do our best to get you through the KYC process as soon as possible. The verification will usually take up to a few hours. In order to avoid delay, we kindly ask you to submit all documents according to the requirements.
Why was my KYC application rejected?
The customer's identity documents must comply with a set of specifications and validation requirements. Please note that SpectroCoin has sole discretion whether to approve or reject any document or the whole application. If your KYC questionnaire or documents are rejected, it might be due to the following reasons:
- Information on your passport/identification card is not clearly visible;
- The document information is covered by hands or stickers/tape/duct tape, etc;
- Your selfie is unclear and blurry;
- Your passport/identification card was not valid at the moment of submission;
- The photo of your passport/identification card is missing.
Please try again and make sure you carefully follow our requirements in order to have your application successfully approved next time.