How to buy Bitcoin with a credit or debit card?
To deposit with your card, first log in to your SpectroCoin account, go to the deposit section and choose to deposit with a card. After this, you simply select a card from the list of saved cards or add a new card by fill all the necessary information.
Credit and debit cards are among the most used payment methods worldwide, with millions of transactions taking place every day. For this reason, SpectroCoin accepts card top-ups from leading networks, such as VISA, MasterCard and Maestro. Depositing with a card can be done with EUR, GBP or USD. Buying crypto with a card is simple and instant.
Deposit from your card to SpectroCoin:
- Log in to your SpectroCoin account. If you are new to SpectroCoin – create a new account. Please note that your account should be fully verified to deposit using a card.
- Click on "Deposit" in the top menu of your profile and select „Cards“ as your deposit option.
- Now you can choose to deposit from a list of previously used cards that are saved to your deposit options.
- If you don’t have any saved cards you can add a new card by selecting "Deposit with a new card“ and filling in all the necessary information on the deposit page.
When adding a new card you can also check the box that says "Save card details for future deposits" if you wish to use this card at SpectroCoin in the future and press "Confirm". If you save your card details for future deposits, there will be no need to re-enter your card credentials everytime, only your CVV and the amount will be required.
If you wish to remove your saved card details, you can do so by clicking on the three dots at the top right corner of the deposit page, clicking on "Remove card", and selecting which card you would like to remove. You will be able to re-add this card later.
Note: the card that is used to deposit MUST be owned by the owner of the SpectroCoin account. You will not be able to deposit with someone else’s card.
Why did you get an error message when trying to deposit with your card?
If you have tried to deposit using your credit or debit card to your SpectroCoin account but received an error message, this could have been caused by several reasons:
- The owners of the card and the SpectroCoin account are different. Only your card can be added and used for deposits.
- Your card issuer did not accept the authorization sent by SpectroCoin when you attempted to add the card. Contact your card issuer to find out why they are rejecting the authorization and after the issue is resolved, try adding your card again.
- You entered an incorrect card number, expiry date or CVV code.
- Your card is expired.
- You have reached your operational limits or limit of cards that can be added to your SpectroCoin account (you are allowed to add 10 credit or debit cards per year, but no more than 3 per week).
For a quick tutorial on how to buy Bitcoin with a credit or debit card, check our video:
What is the fee for using card deposit option?
The credit or debit card deposit fee is 2.99% (the fee for non-EEA residents is 3.99%), and the minimum fee amount is 0.50 EUR. You can find complete information on our Fees and Limits page.
Could not find what you were looking for?
Get in touch with us via [email protected] or through our Live chat. Our team of live support agents will be glad to help you.